Monday, September 26, 2016

Lovely Victorian Inspired Drawstring Bag

Hello Everyone!
 
Such exciting news! 
I have been named designer
 for
The Vintage Rose Emporium.
 
The Vintage Rose Emporium is a Facebook store, that exclusively carries vintage AND vintage inspired items
such as ribbon, lace, buttons, bling and so much more.
 
Be sure to visit at the link below,
for your "vintage" style crafting needs.
 
 
 
And now for the details on how I created this lovely Victorian Inspired drawstring bag.
 
 
The Vintage Rose Emporium Supplies
Ivory Braided Trim
Ivory Organza Sheer Ribbon (stain trim)
Victorian Canvased Image
Ivory Rosette Trim (3 rosettes)
Printed wood Buttons
 
General Supply List
From personal supplies
Drawstring Bag
Champagne Colored Pearls
Polyester Thread
Beacon 3n1 Glue
Scissors
 
 
I began by adhering with Beacon 3n1 glue, the braided trim just beneath the drawstring bottom seam.
 
I then cut a 1/2 in. notch into one of the Rosettes, from the Rosette Trim.
 
 
I then coiled and stitch together, overlapping where I cut, to give just a bit more definition to the rosette.
Taking the second of the rosette, I cut completely in half, to make smaller rosettes.
 
 
To add a hint of color to the middle of each rosette, I glued champagne colored pearls as the centers.
 
Next, I trimmed the white ostrich feather, gluing it directly to the bag, then adding the trimmed/altered rosettes in a cluster.
 
 
For the Victorian printed image, I left the third rosette in it's original size, and glued the trimmed image as the center for that rosette, gluing it just beneath the rosette cluster.
 
 
 
All rosettes, feather and image, I glued at a slight angle.
 
To finish the bag, I used thread through the button holes, leaving it "un-bowed" for a bit of texture interest, then glued each one, just above the smaller rosettes.
 
 
 
The very last addition, was the sheer satin trimmed organza ribbon, at the top of each side of the image.
 
 
 
The entire project, took maybe an hour.
 
I couldn't be happier with the finished results!
 
 
Thank you everyone for stopping by!
I hope you find this project inspiring!
 
Remember, to visit
The Vintage Rose Emporium
for your vintage style crafting supplies.
 
 
 
 
Please visit again soon!
CRAFTY BLESSINGS!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment