Saturday, January 10, 2015


“WinterSong” Shabby Mason Jar

Well, we here in the Ohio valley are in full “hustle & bustle” of the holiday season. One thing I am longing for, a little snow on the ground to make it more seasonable. Instead, it has been rainy, dank and damp-just not pretty at all. So, I created my own winter, featured in this Shabby Mason Jar.

Using a chalk paint I created myself, I gave 3 coats to this Ball Mason jar.
Using an applique, and laces and embellishments in acrylic, pearl, and metal featured in the Creating With Details store, from my personal stash I added a frame, vintage photo, branches, clay embellishments and flowers to complete the look.




Creating With Details supply list:



Ivory Acrylic Pearl-

 
From my personal stash I used Prima Marketing Miniature Flowers, Tulle, Ice Branches, Metal Frame, and Vintage Photo (found on Pinterest/Magic Moonlight Studio free image)
 
 
 
 
 

DIY Chalk Paint Recipe:

Initial recipe found on Pinterest, however takes much "finagling" to get right consistency and coverage.
Ingredients:
Water
Acrylic Paint (I used Americana craft paint) desired shade
Cornstarch
Clean air tight container or jar.
Directions:
Fill container/jar with 2 cups of water. Use marker to mark water line on container. Pour water back in measuring cup. Begin adding cornstarch in tablespoon increments(original recipe calls for 3tbsp), alternating with water, until desired consistency. I used 7 tbsp. of cornstarch to 1-1/2 cups of water to reach the right consistency. I found that an equivalent of 1 tbsp. of acrylic paint, met my desired color.
 
 
Thank you for stopping by, and I hope you are feeling inspired too!

No comments:

Post a Comment