Wednesday, January 28, 2015



 
Altered Puffy Heart

Less than a month, there will be romance in the air, the day that celebrates love, Valentine’s Day, and that is the inspiration this week for my project.
 
 
I used gesso on the entire heart base, followed by Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress paint and both Pickett Fence & Rock Candy Crackle. I then used script tissue paper, and sheet music, torn in strips, applied with Matte Modge Podge, and applied at an angle, on both front and back. Finished with using a “burnishing” kind of effect with Tim Holtz Distress inks in Frayed Burlap and Victorian Velvet. Finishing with the same type of burnishing application of the Liquidtex Ink in Brilliant gold.

 
On the top of the heart I used a fancy bird from my personal stash, as well as pearl stamens glued as a nest beneath the bird. I then added from the CWD store, off-white Braided Ribbon wound and glued to the handle, Lace at both the base of the stamen nest, and just above the dangles at the bottom of the heart. To the top, I finished with a Antique Brass button, and the loops of the Pearl Strands.
 
 
Finishing touch, using a brass chain, a heart and leaf charm from my own stash along with Antique Brass Birdcage, Bird & Nest charms. A fun, lighthearted Valentine project.
The paper mache puffy  heart, as well as some of the brass charms, can be found in the Creating With Details online store.
                   Thank You so much for stopping by!
                 Please stop by again soon! God Bless!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment