Wednesday, January 21, 2015


Inspiration Cards & Altered Tin Prayer Box

This week’s project was inspired by some unexpected circumstances, and my leaning on what I know is true. My faith in God.
 




 

I began with a square tin, used black gesso, turquoise and worn penny acrylic craft paint. I embellished the top of the box with a piece of scrap lace left over from another project, followed by a metal flower, leaf, cross  and heart embellishment, and a wood cut out butterfly, all distressed with the same paints I used on the tin box, and a mini canvas with scripture. I also added a metal filigree, to be a “mock” latch, and metal feet to the bottom.

Inside, features coasters covered with Gorjuss paper, inspiring words and scripture to coordinate with the words. I also used flat back pearls, brads, lace stickers, and more mini canvas.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment