Thursday, October 17, 2019

The Simple Life Harvest Mixed Media Canvas

Hello Friends!
Welcome to INSPIRE.

Here in the Ohio valley we still have hints of summer lingering in the air, and the calendar officially states it is fall.

I am so ready for fall, and have started by adding hints of fall in my home decor. 

 I LOVE incorporating pumpkins into my fall decor scheme, real, fake and even painted. 

And where does it say that all pumpkins have to be spooky to decorate with?

I have learned to paint pumpkins on canvas, and there is no stopping me now!

These are the inspirations found in my 
Rita Barakat Design Team project this week.



And along with selections of Rita Barakat's Wild & Free and Be True Die Cut Collections,the perfect fall decor piece has come to to life.

I began my project with a 5x5 canvas board and 
PLAID FolkArt Paints.

Once I had figured out and sketched my design unto the canvas board, I began painting each element including the background.

From Rita's die cut collections, I chose the western pair of boots, and floral elements from one of the die cuts featured in the Be True Collection.




For this project, I did alter the die cut selections used as I wanted  fall inspired colors, and the floral of the die cuts were perfect, and I was going to be covering the pink rose on the boot die cuts anyways, so I clipped it off.


Once the paint had
completely dried,
 I glued the die cut elements to the canvas using Beacon Mixed Media Glue. 

I detailed my pumpkins and painted designs using watercolor pencils, and distressed the die cuts used a bit with my distressing tool.

I then glued the die cut elements to the canvas using Beacon Mixed Media Glue. 





Using archival ink and stamps from my stash,
I stamped the phrase
"Live A Simple Life" on to the canvas.

I also used Beacon 527 Glue to adhere the canvas unto a wood block measuring 6x6, to use to sit on a shelf.

Now I have the perfect tabletop or shelf decor to add to my fall decorating.



For the die cut collections used in this project, please visit 
Rita Barakat's Etsy store.


Join Rita and friends every Monday night on RitaBarakat1 on Facebook for Mixed Media Monday.


For even more fun and inspiration, join the 
"Rise & Shine With Rita Barakat" Facebook group today!


And, follow Rita on her blog for special announcements, contests and more!


Thanks so much for visiting!

Be sure to subscribe to this blog, and to my 
YouTube Channel INSPIRE at:

Until Next Time.....
Live Life Inspired!







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, very creative and the finish look it fabulous, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete