Monday, October 21, 2019

A Bright and Colorful Art Journal Page That Inspires

 Hello there friends! Welcome to INSPIRE!

Today I have a question for you.
Do you ever find yourself "un-inspired" 
to be creative?

Happens to me frequently. Whether it be a distraction of something going on in life, OR just feeling blah.

What to do, what to do.......


In those moments, I generally reach for an art journal.
I look at an art journal as kind of a personal "diary", recording in an artful format, what may be inspiring me at the moment, or to help me move into creativity.

Todays design team project share for Rita Barakat Designs, is created  and inspired by  
her Heart Wings & Dream Chaser Art Foamie Stamps.

To begin, I used a light coating of white gesso over the outdated calendar pages, that is now one of my art journals.


I covered it lightly as I wanted "peeks" of the calendar to come through the design. Once the gesso had dried, I added pieces of Tim Holtz Melange Tissue Paper, in random areas of the pages using Mod Podge Paper Medium to glue into place.


I then chose some of my favorite Distress Oxides, and used distress sponges to apply the colors, and lightly spritzing with water in between each color application, and allowing it to drip & dry.


I also used the Distress Oxides to apply color using stencils & punchinello.


I then
used a star designed rubber stamp from my stash, in a random pattern before adding the main  stamp designs, Rita's Art Foamie Stamps, using Staz-On Ink to apply them all.


For even more color detail, I used coordinating shades from Faber-Castell Gelatos.

I LOVE the results! I look at this art journal spread, and it brings my heart such joy!


And just like that, my creative juices are flowing again!

So if you have never tried art journaling, or find yourself feeling that creative block, grab your journal and create!

Check out Rita's Art Foamie Stamps at her Etsy store at:




For even more inspiration, join Rita every Monday evening for Mixed Media Monday on Facebook at:



There is more!

Join Rita & arsty friends in the 
"Rise and Shine With Rita Barakat"
Facebook book group for DAILY inspiration & fun!



Thanks so much for visiting today.
I hope you will visit again soon, as I am getting ready to amp things up around here!

And check out my YouTube channel, where I am beginning to add to and grow!

Until next time......
Live Life Inspired!


No comments:

Post a Comment