Saturday, August 18, 2018

My Nifty Fifty Birthday Bliss & Creative Fun Too

Hey y'all!
Welcome to INSPIRE!

Is it has been a couple of weeks since I last posted.
August marks my birthday month, and on the 14th, I turned the 5-0!!!!!

I had been full of dread about that number for a couple of months prior. I mean 50!?!?!?!
I am not sure where in my mind, that I thought this was not a good thing.

I feel relatively healthy (aside from the problems that can come with Type 1 Diabetes), only minimal aches & pains associated with growing older.

 I started embracing the idea that this is a new season of my life. A new season to test my boundaries, to try something new, to be bold and unafraid of what life has in store.

So 50....HERE WE GO........

The celebration of my birthday began early, last weekend, as my hubby surprised me with taking to a more local crafty event that happens every August,
Stampaway USA.
OH MY!!!!!

I had never seen so many stamping, mixed media & innovative products in one place!
Companies like Art Impressions, Gina Marie Designs, Heartfelt Creations, Stencil Girl & Technique Junkies to mention just a mere few.

Oh, and STAMPER'S ANONYMOUS!!!!!!
OH MY!!!!
You know what that means? Yes, the one, the only, the phenomenal, the extraordinaire himself....... 
TIM HOLTZ!!!!

I was stunned in my tracks when I seen him sitting there demonstrating fabulous techniques using his broad range of products!!

For an hour and a half, we stood, we watched, and we, yes my husband and I learned, lol.
At the end of one demonstration, my husband spoke up and I hear "Mr Holtz, my I ask you a favor?" With his huge smile Tim replied "Sure".
I stood there puzzled.
Then my wonderful hubby said..
"We are celebrating my wife's birthday today,
is it possible we get a picture of you & her together?"
WHAT?!?!
Again with that smile, Tim said "Why sure".
So I made my around to where he was and then there was this moment!


My smile says it all!!!
And he signed a tag he had made in a demo, wishing me a Happy Birthday.
A birthday momento from Tim.
Couldn't be any better.




Easy to say, turning fifty has been my best birthday ever!

Before leaving the Stamper's Anonymous booth, we stopped in, and for my birthday, my hubby purchased me a set of the Distress Oxides Tim had been using in the demo.


I hadn't purchased any prior, and was so excited to finally get to play with the product, putting to use some of the techniques Tim used.

I decided to do these on Artist Trading Coins I had cut from mixed media paper, started small so I could really get a feel for how to do these techniques on a smaller scale.

After finishing, I used a variety of stamps to add design, and I am absolutely in LOVE with these!


Thanks so much for letting me share this most wonderful birthday moment with you today.

Before you go, I invite you to head over to the Chattering Robin's blog today, where the feature is a project I created using Dew Drops from The Robin's Nest.


Join me again soon as I share inspirations in creativity. and life in general!

Until next time.......
BLESSINGS!



No comments:

Post a Comment