Tuesday, September 26, 2017

A Beautiful Ornate Miniature Sword And Floral Canvas How To

Hello there,
Welcome to INSPIRE.

The other day, while going through some things,
I had found an envelope opener 
that I had forgotten we had.
The best thing about it?
It is a mini sword design. Seeing as we
have obviously not missed using it,
well you know I just had to get crafty with it.


Naturally, this is a perfect focal point for a canvas,
and I just happened to have 
the perfect size canvas, a 4x12 thick canvas in my stash.


I first used black gesso on the canvas & sword.



Once dried, I applied Finnabair Art Extravagance 
Patina Effect Paste to give an overall aged look to the sword. I also applied it to a mini resin ornate frame, that I later centered a bee embellishment to nestle inside the frame once glued to the sword shaft.


For the canvas, I wanted to focus on metallics,
and used the Brass Patina Effect Paste, very lightly
to the entire canvas first, then added elements of metallic sprays.

Once the sword patina had dried, I used E6000,
to adhere the sword to the canvas. I also used a stencil and the Patina Effect Pastes to add texture to the canvas.

The finishing elements included flowers, metallic thread, and Finnabair Melange, finished with black gesso & the Brass Patina Effect Paste.

I am absolutely thrilled with the finished result.

*Most of the products I used making this project can be found at your local Michael's store.  

So, if you have a storing place that needs gone through, you might just be surprised at what you may find, and can also create something beautiful too.

Until next time..... 


No comments:

Post a Comment