Sunday, September 24, 2017

A New Creative Venture: Embrace The Possibility

Hello there,
thank you for visiting
 INSPIRE,
A blog for sharing creativity.

This past week was the pits for me, a"flu bug"
hit me hardcore, keeping me down from
anything remotely resembling my life.

Today, I feel like myself again,
got back to creating, 
and I wanted to share my newest 
venture with you.
 An inspiration canvas
inspired by the AMAZING artwork
of Kelly Rae Roberts.



 I began with a 6x6 pre-gessoed canvas.
I sort of dry brushed acrylic paint in a 
Tiffany Blue like shade, not going for full coverage.

Once dried, I lightly sketched 
the shape of my "person".
I then used white gesso, and a flesh tone
acrylic paint for the neck & face.


For the body, I cut from of my favorite
double sided patterned paper, for a top & collar.
I also used the same paper to make hearts.

Of course every gal likes a crown, so I fussy cut 
roses from images I had printed out to create a floral one. I also added a paper doily and a cute little bird to sit on her shoulder.

To finish, I used mini alphabet stamps from my stash,
and added the phrase "Embrace Possibility" to her top.


It felt AMAZING to feel good today, and to feel inspired.
time to head back to my crafty space!

Until next time......Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment