Sunday, December 11, 2016

Festive Boho & Snowy Ornament

Festive Greetings
Everyone!
Welcome to INSPIRE.
 
If you read my last posting,
you know I have quite
a chaotic mess on my hands,
in trading rooms to increase
my crafting space.
 
However, I had a creative bug bite me,
and did a little creating
(away from the chaos)
and I wanted to share with you.
 
All projects featured
were created with supplies from
The Vintage Rose Emporium.
 
The first project,
is some Boho Glam inspired
earrings made with VRE appliques.
 
 
I chose vintage like findings, pearls, and other elements from my personal stash.
Each earring set, 
took less than 10 minutes to create,
but look elegant to wear to any holiday party.
 
 
 
The second project
I created is a delightful
ornament, a 
VRE featured holiday kit.
 
 
 
I began the project by cutting the 
Christmas design 20-sided paper featured
in the kit,  using one side as a background
inside the mason jar lid.
I then used a paper punch, to create flowers
from the other side of the paper.
 
I used clear aqua glue, to adhere
copper like beads to the points of the rusty stars, attached the tiny jingle bells with gold metallic thread, that I also used to dangle the stars from t he back of the mason jar lid.
 
With dimensional dots (and some glue just to add a bit more on securing them) I added the flowers to the inside of the lid.
 
On the backside, I used the venice style lace,
to create a snowflake of sorts, and finished using pearls & glittered ribbon to finish.
 

 
Final finishing touches, including adding the remaining glittered ribbon as a hanger of sorts, and adhering the acetate "snow" to the inside and outer topside of the lid, followed by puffy paint to enhance that wintery look.
 
 
And there you have it.
Projects that didn't take a lot of time to do,
and look as though I spent a lot of time on them.
 
Thank You for stopping by,
and remember
for vintage & vintage inspired
ribbon, bling, lace trim & so much more
visit
THE VINTAGE ROSE EMPORIUM.
 
 
Crafty Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment