Monday, May 9, 2016

Time Well Spent

 
Well, a new week has begun, and although it is rainy, cool and just downright ugly here in the Ohio valley, and as an added bonus I am a bit under the weather, woo-hoo (said with heavy sarcasm, lol) I am also feeling a bit elated.
 
The reason being.....I have spent a few days, crafting away, and creating new projects, in styles I had not created before.
 
 
For instance, a round Shabby Chic inspired box,that I created for my mother. This box, has a bit of sentimental value for her, a gift a few years ago from one of her sisters. Sadly the lid was damaged, the featured image irreplaceable. So it was time to make the box "new" again. 

As you can see in the photo, I was able to remove the damaged portion.


 
The paper I used for this project, and also featured in the photo, is by My Mind's Eye Lost & Found, and "Vintage Whimsy" by The Girls Paperie, both purchased at my local Hobby Lobby store.
 
Additional Products Used:
Tim Holtz Distress Inks:
Old Paper
Victorian Velvet
DecoArt Media:
Gesso
Matte Medium
Palmer Acrylic/Pearl Paint:
Seafoam Green
Pearl White
Whisper Pink 
Ivory Venice Lace
Ivory Pearl Strand
Paper Flowers
Pearlized Ink Spray
 Coffee Stain Spray 
 Vintage Image
 
 
First I covered the box in gesso, following with matte medium to adhere the paper. Using the distress inks,to lightly, creating "stained" edges, to give an aged look.
 
Finishing touches of Venice lace around the top of the lid, and lower side edge of the lid, as well as the bottom side of the box, along with pearl strand.
 
Finishing touch, my newest flower design, a Peony, and medium roses, pearls, chipboard doily, were adhered to the top of the box lid, with Beacon 3-in-1 glue.
 
The finished box, and I couldn't be more pleased.
 





 
And no Mother's Day is complete with out a mushy card, right?
 
 
Thank You So Very Much For Stopping By!
 
Feel free to leave a comment below, letting me know what you think of the projects.
 
As Always......Crafting Blessings To You
Please Visit Again Soon!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment