Monday, September 30, 2019

A Beautifully Broken Life Inspired Art Canvas

Hello Creative Friends!
Welcome to INSPIRE!

Today I want to share with you
my latest DT project for Rita Barakat Designs.
A colorful canvas, inspired by one of my favorite songs, by a favorite recording Plumb.



The song "Beautifully Broken" instills hope in knowing that 
no matter how beat up, broken we become in life, God see's as BEAUTIFUL.

Once I had used remnants of designed paper using 
Plaid Mod Podge Matte, I applied a thin layer of white gesso over the surface.



I wanted to be certain I got the exact lines of the stamp face, so I first stamped on white paper, cut out the design, and traced around it directly on the canvas.


Once I had traced the design, I used my finger to add 
flesh-tone acrylic paint to the face and neck.


I then used archival ink in black to stamp the face unto the painted face after it had dried.


To color the face, I used Faber-Castell PITT Brush Markers.

Rita's "Reflections" Technique Junkie Stamp was absolutely perfect to catch a likeness of the recording artist.
However, I decided to add a wild mane of hair, but I did keep to the original face design of the stamp.


I also used the same stamping ink, and a floral silhouette design stamp from my stash, across the bottom of edge, in keeping with the floral paper design in the background. 

Followed by adding "drips" of color using 
Aladine Izink inks, for pops of vivid color.


I used  butterfly and honeycomb stencils, 
using Aladine 3D Texture Paste in Pearl, applied with a spatula, to add a bit of texture throughout the design.

To finish, I stamped butterfly images, and stamped the title
"BEAUTIFULLY BROKEN" and added to the design using Beacon Mixed Media Glue.

And there you have it, a simply made canvas, as a gentle reminder that regardless of who we are, where we have been, and the scars we may bare, we are still beautiful.


For Rita Barakat Stamps, Die Cuts & more, 
visit her Etsy store at:


Please join the Facebook Group 
"Rise & Shine with Rita Barakat"
to find daily inspiration, 
and share your makes too.


And don't forget, to tune in Monday evenings, to join in the fun as Rita shares techniques and ideas in creativity, on Facebook LIVE, Rita Barakat1!


Follow Rita's blog to stay up to date with product anouncements, giveaways & more!


Thanks so much for visiting today!

I hope you will visit again soon!

Until next time.....
Live Life Inspired!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful job, I've never worked with Gesso, I will have to give it a try, fantastic work,hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete