Friday, July 12, 2019

I Choose Joy Colorful Collage Canvas How To

Hello Creative Friends!
Welcome to INSPIRE!

Today I want to share with you, how a created 
a delightful & colorful canvas that inspires joy for me!


But first, let me tell about the centerpiece for this canvas.

I chose a whimsical paper doll from Rita Barakat's Magical Theatre Book that is filled with moveable paper dolls, backgrounds, and even outfits and accessories too!

Who says you have to be child to play with paper dolls?

This was so much fun to create!

Pick up your copy today!



Alright, now to how I made this lovely. I began with a 4x12 canvas for the base. I first gave a thin coat of clear gesso, and let it set. Once it had set I created a background using scrap patterned paper, tearing it in random bits and adhering with Mod Podge Matte medium to the canvas.


I then added color using a stencil and a variety of colors and finishes from 
Faber-Castell Gelato collections.


Once I selected the paper doll I would be using, I wanted a little glitz, so applied PLAID Glitterific in colors that coordinated with the clothing and accessories.


Using very small brads, I put the paper doll together, and put the finishing touches on the canvas, using stamps and archival ink over the design.

In adding the stamped sentiment to the canvas, along with my paper doll and her juggling balls (which I feel represents the course of life for most of us) I used Scrapbook Adhesive Foam Squares, along with a small dollop of Beacon Mixed Media Glue to add a little extra stick.



And that is it. That is how easy it was to put together an inspiring canvas, that inspires to choose joy, no matter how hectic life can be. 


For additional inspiration with Rita Barakat products and collections, be sure to follow her on Facebook, and subscribe to her blog to stay current with new product releases too!




To purchase Rita's products, please visit her Etsy store at:




And just for an extra dose of fun and inspiration, join in every Monday evening as Rita shares creative ideas LIVE on Mixed Media Monday on Facebook, and join the Rise & Shine With Rita Barakat Facebook group for daily inspiration from the creative Rita and the Rita Barakat Design Team!






Thanks for visiting with me today, and I hope you will visit again soon! 

And until next time.....
Live Life INSPIRED!


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, love the artwork you've designed and the bright colors, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete