Monday, June 10, 2019

Inspire, Dream, Imagine Colorful Canvas Banner How To

Hello Creative Friends!

I wanted to stop in and share with you,
 my recent project for Rita Barakat Designs.

A colorful banner, using Rita's 
"Reflections" stamp from Technique Junkies.


I had a few left over canvas banners from a couple of other projects, so I used them together to make a fuller length banner.

I also used PLAID Watercolor Acrylic Paint, in a variety of color, as well as few other stamps from my stash.

To make one for yourself, you will also need ribbon ( I used seam binding colored with ink to coordinate with the paint), burlap felt, stencil design, and a punching tool and eyelets to secure the holes for the ribbon to pass through.

BUT...first things first.

The main image for the center banner.


I first used an archival ink to stamp the image directly to the banner surface.

To color the "Reflections" stamped image, I also used a flesh tone paint marker along with a variety of markers and gelato's, as well as paint markers in pink and blue for just a subtle pop of color for her face and eyes.


I wanted my banner to be much stiffer and weightier on the center flag, so I added a piece heavy felt to the back of it using Beacon Multi-Grip Glue.

Next I used a stencil design and a dauber style sponge, to apply the paint to each flag, alternating the designs per each flag.


Using a design roller stamp, I went around the edges of each flag, to give a faux/sewn look, and added stamped images to the 2 remaining flags.



I then used my Crop-A-Dile to add the hole and eyelets to the center flag, and preceded to do the same to the remaining flags.

For sentiments, I stamped the words "Inspire, Dream & Imagine" on the scraps of burlap, and added them to the center, and each of the flags on each side of the center, using Beacon glue once again.


I also used a couple of phrase stamps, and image stamps, on the remaining burlap, and added them to the end flags on each side, to add texture and interest.

For final touches, I threaded the seam binding through the eyelet holes to bring the banner together, and added the ink dyed ribbons as tendrils to each flag.


And there you have it!
A colorful, fun and inspiring banner to hang on the wall for daily inspiration!


For the Rita Barakat "Reflections" Stamp used in this project, and much more from Rita Barakat's Designs, be sure to visit her Etsy store at:

Looking for more inspiration?
Visit Rita's blog and find what you are looking for!

And while there, be sure to sign up for Rita's Newsletter, to stay up to date with product releases, where Rita will be teaching this summer and more!

PLAID products can be purchased from your favorite craft retailer or online at:

Visit Beacon Adhesive for their entire line of glue and more.

Thanks so much for visiting today!

See you again soon!

Living the Creative Life!!!!!

Michelle









No comments:

Post a Comment