Thursday, June 28, 2018

How To Create A Flea Market Inspired Vignette Part One

Hello there crafty folks!
Welcome to INSPIRE.

I have an absolutely new obsession.
How I NEVER really checked this, or the folks behind it out before, is way beyond me.

That obsession? Fixer Upper, 
with Chip & Joanna Gaines.

Have I been living in a cave?

Her farmhouse style, mixing vintage with elements of modern, BLOWS MY MIND!

So, in an effort to spruce up our homestead, just cosmetically of course, without emptying our pockets, I am finding thrifty ways to make some changes.

Ways to bring new style to old space.

First spot to work on, our entry way.

I have a mini dresser there, that was given to me, and a while back instead of replacing the drawer knobs, I altered the existing porcelain ones that were already on the drawers, using clay, rose silicon mold & paint to create a "vintage" look.

You can follow the following link for photo's and the full details on how I did this using products from Canvas Corp Brands.

So now I have decided to try my hand at a "flea market" style vignette, to add to the top of the dresser in the entry way.

 My first project, a galvanized can to hold greenery.


All I have is larger cans that once held beans or tomato sauce, so naturally this is my base.

In my stash, I had received an unopened package of corrugated card stock in a grab box, so I decided to use it for the "rippled" look so many home decor tins have these days.

First I measured and cut the cardstock, I glued it the can using wood glue, for extra strong hold. Once cured, I added clear gesso, followed by white gesso.



After the gesso had dried, I used a metallic silver paint, applied lightly with a brush, and for the final step, I added Finnabair Art Alchemy Metallic Wax in Brushed Iron, applying with my finger, randomly over the surface of the can, to give a "washed" looked to the surface.


Add a couple of silk greenery picks I had on hand, and I have the perfect first piece towards creating my flea market style vignette.


And the cost? NADA, as I had all these things on hand.

Thanks for stopping by today. Check back again soon, as I will be sharing this project in stages, trying to use from my current stash, to stretch dollars as I go along.

Until next time......
Get Creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment