Monday, October 17, 2016

Victorian Noel

Hello Everyone!
I am so excited to share with you,
my first project for
The Vintage Rose Emporium.
 
 
 I know, it is a wee bit soon,
but the vintage and vintage inspired
items from VRE, had me in a
Victorian inspired Christmas mode.
 
This is also an "upcycle" project,
reusing wooden container that resin items came in, and a Christmas gift bag.
 
SUPPLIES:
The Vintage Rose Emporium
Plastic Cherub
Sheer Satin Ribbon
Bling
Rose Petals
White Peacock Feather
Pleated Satin Ribbon
Sheer Applique Leafs
 
Additional Supplies Used
Glue
Pop Dots
Stapler
Vintage Sheet Music
Glitter
Wire
Distress Ink
Acrylic Paint
Gesso
Large Background Rubber Stamp
 
I first coated the wooden container with gesso, once dried used a deep ivory acrylic paint, followed by using a metallic gold acrylic paint & background stamp, to add décor to the back and sides
of the container.
 
 
 
 
I cut the word NOEL from the gift bag, 
as well as sheet music to add to
the individual squares, 
using distressing ink to the edges
of the sheet music, followed by glue and glitter.
Using pop dots in layers for depth, on both the sheet music & letters, to adhere inside the squares.
 
 
 
I then cut silk rose petal, to narrower shapes, gluing them together to for, a Poinsettia, gluing bling as the center, & using glue and glitter around the edges of each petal.
 
 
I used a gold interference paint on the cherub, as wells as glitter to the wings.
I added wire to form stems for bling, cut the tip off the peacock feather, and sheer leaf appliques
behind the poinsettia,
stapled the gold rope (also from the gift bag) to the top in order to hang on the wall.
 
 
 
 
Very satisfied with the finished results,
if I say so myself.
 
 
 
Remember to visit
The Vintage Rose Emporium
for unique vintage & vintage inspired crafting supplies.
 
 
 
Thank You so much for viewing,
please visit again soon.
Crafty Blessings!
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment