Wednesday, April 10, 2019

How To Create a Fun Gift Bag With Magical Theatre

Hello Creatives!
Welcome to INSPIRE!

Have you ever found yourself in pinch to have nicely decorated gift bags on hand?

Today I want to share how I turned a simple, logo'd bag, into a a whimsical, glittery & colorful gift bag.


And using a 
pre-colored fairy paper doll, and coloring mushroom images from Rita Barakat's Magical Theatre Book,
made this a simple project to do.


Additional supplies and products used in the making of this gift bag include:

Marvy Bistro Chalk Markers
Faber-Castell Gelato's
PLAID Extreme Glitter & Glitterific.
ScraPerfect Best Glue Ever

Doublesided Foam Tape
Miniature Brads
Scrap Tulle
Variety of Color Paint Markers
Metallic & Glitter Gel Pens

To begin, I chose an adorable fairy from the "FAIRIES" section, along with her pre-colored clothing, and fussy cut the selections.

Using mini brads, that I had colored to match her skin tone, and her dress, I used a paper piercing tool, and added the brads to assemble the paper doll.


Once assembled, I colored her hair with glitter, applied with Best Glue Ever, and also added glitter to the ruffles on her dress in the same manner.


To add glitz to her wings before adding them to her body, I used Plaid Extreme Glitter in Green, and Extreme Glitter to her ballet type shoes in Fuchsia.


I also added some scrap pink tulle to the back side of her skirt for a little more frill.

For the mushrooms, I used gelato's to color, and shade. I then added glitter and metallic accents for a bit of magical flair.


The Marvy Bistro ChalkMarkers work amazingly on chalk board surfaces, but I wanted to see what it could do for this whimsical design.

I drew a floral design to sort of match those which I had fussy cut with the mushroom image.


The results? AMAZING!
They are bright, colorful and add a sort of fun to this bag.


Finally, I added the images to the center of the bag, using double sided foam tape.
I also added satin ribbon to the handles.


Bright. Whimsical. Magical!

All made possible by the 
Magical Theatre Book.

Purchase your copy of Magical Theatre today!



Be sure to subscribe to the Rita Barakat blog, to stay up to date with new product releases, and for creative inspiration!


Thanks so much for visiting today.
Hope to see you again soon!

Oh, and if you have not yet subscribed to the INSPIRE blog,
I would LOVE it if you did so!
Thank You!

Until next time......
Be Crafty!









2 comments:

  1. Really cute project! That paper doll book is on my “crafty needs” list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shelly! The book is FABULOUS Shelly! So many ways to create with the features in this book!!!!!

      Delete