Monday, April 15, 2019

Fun, Bright & Colorful Goody Gumdrop Card How To


Hello Creatives!
Welcome to INSPIRE!

Today I want to share with you
a fun and colorful card I made recently, using 
the gumdrop stamp from
the FABULOUS 
Rita Barakat's Lollipop Art Foamie Collection Stamps.



I also used a variety of Faber-Castell Gelato's and acrylic paint from PLAID.

This card was very simple to make, took minimal time.
My card base is a 60lb heavyweight white cardstock, cut and folded into a 5x7 card size.

I also used the same card stock to stamp the gumdrops on, using the shades of Perfect Purple, Lemon Yellow & Glazed Carrots from PLAID's Folk Art line of acrylic paints.



(I have pictured Watercolor paint from Plaid, but actually went with a deeper shade of purple, from the acrylic line)

I first stamped directly on the card front, and also on an additional piece of card stock, so I could make a layered design with the gumdrop stamps.

Once the paint had dried, I used Faber-Castell Gelato's to enhance the already brightly colored gumdrops.
The shades used:
Orange Soda
Limoncello
Metallic Grape 




Using double sided foam tape,I applied the additional stamped gumdrops, on top of the gumdrops directly stamped on the card front.




I wanted a bit more pizzaz, so I added colorful sequins, randomly place over the card front, using the Embellie Gellie pick up tool from ScraPerfect.




I just so happened to haven my craft stash, candy themed stickers, so I added "candy stripes" to the bottom of the card with a glittered sentiment sticker,"SWEET for you".




And there you have it! A fun card that could brighten anyone's day!




To purchase the Art Foamie Stamps I used in making this card, please visit Rita Barakat's Etsy store at this link:




To stay current on Rita Barakat's new product releases, and for AMAZING inspiration, please subscribe to her blog
following her blog link here:




For Faber-Castell Gelato's visit your local craft retailer or visit Faber-Castell online.

For GORGEOUS acrylic painting and more, visit PLAID online, or pick up at your local craft store.


Thanks so much for visiting INSPIRE today!
If you have not already done so, please subscribe to this blog!

Until next time......

Be Crafty!







No comments:

Post a Comment