Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Beautiful Reverse Color Resist Card How To

Hello & Welcome to INSPIRE!

Today I want to share with a quick and easy way to make beautiful card loaded with color and detail, finished with 
BEAUTIFUL Dies created by Rita Barakat.


I want to add that this card was inspired by a project recently posted by the talented & lovely Betz Golden, using  tags to create a card base.

The base of my card was created by using a smooth medium weight cardstock base, designed and cut into a large tag using my Cricut machine.

After cutting the tag, I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink pad, and an application tool, to add total color to both sides of the tag. 

Once I had applied the color, I then used a branch design stencil, and diaper wipes to remove color on both sides of the tag. Then heat set the remaining color.

I chose the fold of the tag, slightly off center, to create the card base. From my stash, I added small printed script tags to create a closure of sorts for the card applied with double sided tape.


For design and salutation, I used the beautiful "Fearfully & Wonderful Made" die cut along with it's matching Floral Branch from the Be True  Dies Collection by Rita Barakat, to bring the card together.


Finishing touches were the addition of ribbon that coordinated with the dies to serve as a card closure, a blank square of white cardstock for the inside of the card, and adding a few dots of  Nuvo Crystal Drops to coordinate with the card.



And there you have it.
A beautiful card, with an even more beautiful reminder,
of just how special we are.

To purchase the Rita Barakat Die Collection I used in this card project, please visit her online shop at:


To find even more inspiration by the talented Rita Barakat Design Team, including links & project how to's, visit the Rita Barakat blog at:



For Nuvo Crystal Drops and the entire line of Nuvo products, visit Tonic Studios online at: 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Until next time....
Be Crafty!



No comments:

Post a Comment