Monday, November 12, 2018

The Christmas Comes Early Hop With A Christmas Card How To

Hello Creatives & Friends!
Welcome to INSPIRE!

Well, the holiday season is officially upon us, and what better way to get started than with an exciting & inspiring holiday blog hop!

Today is the launch of the 
"Christmas Comes Early Hop"
hosted by Rita Barakat & the 
Rita Barakat Design Team.

This hop is jam packed, guest artists, with holiday inspiration, fun & loads of PRIZES too!!
I invite you to come along!

Be sure to visit ALL the blogs listed below, lets know you visited, and be eligible to win!!!

My creative inspiration for the hop, is a holiday card, inspired by one of the most recent die cut releases by Rita Barakat, the Fairy Tales collection.


Upon first seeing the Red Riding Hood die cut, I was inspired to create a "woodsy" themed card.
Why not make it a Christmas card?
And this is how I did it.


I first cut a 6x6 card from heavy cardstock the base.
I decided to layer the background using traditional Christmas colors, green & red. The first layer is a plaid pattern, the top layer, is patterned with little tree's,  and very light splatters of white.


I used various sizes of miniature tree cut-outs, left over from a project last Christmas, which were PERFECT for this card. Using Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares to attach each tree.

Following the same concept, I used additional squares to add the Red Riding Hood die cut, after lightly gluing a portion of baker's twine in green, to add the tag greeting.


Once all was in place, I used ScraPerfect's 
Best Glue Ever to go around the tree's & 
Red Riding Hood, followed by some white glitter to add some sparkle to my card.



A perfect, fairytale inspired Christmas card.
How cute is this!
So easy to put together, and made PERFECT 
by Rita's ADORABLE die cut!


Follow the following link to Rita Barakat's Etsy store to see the complete Fairy Tale die cut collection, and so much more!





Remember, to check out ALL the blogs listed here, be sure leave a comment on each blog to be eligible to win prizes!!!


So excited for this hop! A bunch of your favorite designers getting together to bring you Christmas early! 
The artist line up includes :
Please visit each of the blogs listed above, and leave a comment!
If that isn’t enough we have over $100. In crafty prizes including the entire line of Rita Barakat diecuts/ephemera and fabulous paints and glitters from @plaidcrafts! 

This is going to be awesome!!!
To enter to win you must visit and comment on each post! Bonus, stop by Plaid and like their FB Page! https://m.facebook.com/InspiredByPlaid
You have one week and Rita will announce the winner live on Facebook Monday, Nov 19, 8pm CST on Mixed Media Monday! @ritabarakat1 

Thanks so much for visiting today!

See ya again real soon!

Be Blessed!


6 comments:

  1. Cute card! Thank you for sharing!
    P.S. Joe sent me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it...the Little Red riding hood die is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe sent me!!! Great cards! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this is so precious! What a creative idea using the Little Red Riding Hood die cut! Very cute idea for a Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card, Michelle! This fairy is one of my favorites. I love how you used her to create such a lovely card!! P.S. Rita send me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! I am wanting to get more into paper craft and what a unique way to begin!

    ReplyDelete